Stanley Harcourt Access Fund
I unashamedly admit that I owe most of what I have achieved in life is due to my grandfather – Stanley Harcourt.
From taking me pony riding on Exmoor as a child, to using my trust funds that he had set up to start my showjumping yard and going onto compete internationally, to helping me through University when studying Midwifery and then onto setting up Partners In Pregnancy.
I owe a lot to him, in return he expected a lot from me. He has now passed away but the expectation still continues.
I realise that not every parent can afford antenatal fees – to get a class that is good can be expensive. I’ve spent 6 full years studying this area and will continue to study, unfortunately my training is not free. That goes for any other conscientious birth worker.
But that means that many women either get substandard education or miss out completely. Not with me you don’t – this stuff is too important to leave to chance.
So through fundraising activities, Partners In Pregnancy has developed ways in which I can support women to access this information:
- Every Antenatal class, has a free place for someone on benefits.
- Free “Introduction to Birth” antenatal class – open to all, no restrictions.
- The Antenatal Event is an annual subsidised baby show and conference with “Pick n Mix” classes and loads of pampering (www.theantenatalevent.co.uk)
- Antenatal.TV is a free comprehensive online course, which should be launching early 2016. (www.antenatal.tv)
So if you would like to book a free place on an Antenatal Class – please use the form below. (Please note evidence required to book this class)
If you wish to book a free place on the “Introduction to Birth” – please click here
Accepted Benefits & Evidence for the antenatal class:
- Income based Job Seekers, Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Photo ID of both parents attending class
- Proof of address in last 3 months
- Letter, statement or other proof of benefit.